My Experience with Latisse

I've always been complimented on my long, dark eyelashes, so it might seem weird that I was excited when I found out that Latisse had become FDA approved. But the way I see it, eyelashes are sort of like shoes- you can never really have too many. ;) 








Back in late August, I decided to take the $125 plunge and buy Latisse from my local medical spa. Apparently, my spa had never had a patient so young buy it (I'm 22). While it definitely seemed a little pricey,  I was really excited to try it out. I also ended up getting a free $45 Vivite Defining Lip Plumper by mail, so I figured the price was somewhat justifiable. You get a small box with a pack of 60 wrapped applicators and the TINY bottle of Latisse (3 mL)... and I definitely felt a bit ripped off when I saw the size of the bottle. After washing my face at night, I squeeze a small drop of the Latisse on the applicator brush, brush the liquid on both lash lines, and I'm done within a minute. Super simple! My doctor told me to start off using it every other day to avoid eye irritation, and I've actually stuck to that routine for the past two months. As a result, a month's supply has actually lasted me much longer, and I still have a bit of it left.
My Results:
I first started noticing lash growth after about 2 weeks, although I really noticed dramatic growth after a month. The ads are nothing short of the results I experienced- my already dark, long, thick lashes are significantly longer, so much so that my corner lashes are actually curling up on their own. Paired with my favorite mascara (Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion) and my favorite Shu Uemura eyelash curler, my lashes almost look fake. That being said, I am unsure that I'm going to continue using Latisse. While I love the results, it's not necessarily something that is super noticeable to other people. Already having long lashes, I don't think I can justify spending $125 every few months on something that I don't really need. For someone that has short or sparse lashes, I could definitely see this product as a great investment.




Before:
Sorry about the quality, it's the only before photo I have!







After:

Both before and after photos are without mascara or the use of an eyelash curler.


No comments:

Post a Comment