Product Review: Giorgio Armani Face Fabric



I'd been meaning to try Armani's Face Fabric since it was released back in 2008, but I always ended up purchasing other foundation instead. Having heard great reviews about it, I was excited to finally try it out for myself. Face Fabric is definitely different from any other foundation I've used in the past, so I have slightly mixed feelings on this one.

The good?
The packaging is SO convenient! The sleek plastic tube can be thrown carelessly into your cosmetic bag without the fear of breaking a gloss bottle. (NARS, I'm talking to you!)
While the sun protection isn't spectacular, I still love that Face Fabric has SPF 12 in it. I'll take all of the anti-aging measures I can get, whether it be from my foundation or moisturizer.
You only need a tiny dime-sized bit of product per application- which can be applied with either your fingers or a brush.
Smooth, silky texture (due to its silicone base) that is SO lightweight, you feel like you're wearing nothing.
Long-lasting.
The bad?
While the coverage is fairly buildable, it is very, very light if you only apply one layer. This is great for a natural look, but don't expect it to work miracles.
Expect to use concealer with Face Fabric if your skin isn't absolutely perfect.
There is a bit of skill necessary when you apply this product- due to the consistency, it sets within seconds. As long as you can work the product in quickly, you should be fine.

My verdict?
 I really like Face Fabric, and expect that I'll like it even more in the summer when I simplify my beauty routine. In the summer, I go for much lighter makeup and become considerably less high-maintenance as I become tan and glowy, so Face Fabric will likely be rotated with my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. That being said, I'm going to use it as a silicone primer/base for now, also using NARS' Sheer Glow sparingly where I need a bit more coverage.

1 comment:

  1. The quality water mat has been designed with heavy-duty PVC for a long-term service. Best Product Reviews

    ReplyDelete