Fragrance Review: Bond No. 9's High Line




Happy Spring!

... okay, so maybe it isn't officially spring yet, but it IS March. Which for me, equates that winter is certainly on its way out- and a whole new batch of little dresses and bikinis are headed in. ;)

To celebrate "my" spring coming, I set forth towards the Bond No. 9 counter. While my signature is The Scent of Peace (and always will be), I was looking for something springlike and new- something to start fresh with. Spring has always been my favorite season, and I love how it brings a sense of growth, change, and beauty. (Any of this sound familiar? hah.) Call me crazy, but I want to wear a fragrance that reflects that. I went through my massive pile of Bond bonbon samples at home, but none of them really spoke to me. I have a lot of Bond favorites, but I was really looking for something specific. With the help of my Bond SA and my best friend, I found what I was looking for with High Line.

Bond describes High Line as "an androgynous floral-marine bouquet, contrasting the hardy flowers and greens. The scent starts off with a prairie grazing weed—purple love grass-mixed with citrusy bergamot and zesty Indian rhubarb. The perfume’s floral heart is red-leaf rose, Lady Jane tulips, and grape hyacinth. Its lingering base notes combine bur oak with imported sea moss, along with musk and teakwood."

High Line's namesake is the High Line of  New York, a public park built on an historic freight rail line elevated above the streets of Manhattan’s Meatpacking District. If you haven't been to the High Line or the Meatpacking District, it's definitely a must-see while you're in New York. Of course, the shopping is killer in the revitalized area- be sure to check out DVF, Scoop NYC, Stella McCartney, and Louboutin while you're there. What makes the area so special, though, is the High Line- a little oasis in an otherwise very industrial spot. Bond's take on this very special part of the city just nails it.

Bond's High Line opens with a very fresh green burst, which then progresses into a very pretty, fresh floral that has a strong emphasis of tulips and hyacinths. It then dries down to a clean, warm floral that is different from any other I've experienced. Soft, comforting, and yet decidedly evocative of spring. The sillage is phenomenal, lingering on me all day.

Highly, highly recommend this one! Bond No. 9 does it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment